Well I spoke too soon: all is not well with my new WoW install on Vista. Today is patch day and while the patch downloaded fine, it failed to apply with the error 'The file "WoW.exe" could not be found.'. After a bunch of research for solutions what worked for me was running WoW as Administrator just once, to apply the patch. I'm hopeful that set the right registry key so the next patch works without Administrator, but who knows? Hey Blizzard? Vista's been out over a year; half your engineers are probably using it. How about some support?
Not too much in the patch for Druids, just a little buff for our tree friends
- Barkskin: The cost of this spell is now reduced by Tree of Life Form.
Some other changes of interest to druids:
- Equipping an item will now cancel any spell cast currently in progress.
Haven't tested it, but I'm guessing this will break all those Idol-swapping macros that are popular, particularly with balance druids
- Taunts will now properly stick when a target is stunned while being taunted.
Not sure how big a change this is; taunting something that was stunned has always been a little weird, but I usually ended up with the aggro after the stun was over already.
- Magister's Terrace: The Stun component to the Sunblade Mage Guard Glaive Throw has been removed and the Bounce range reduced.
- Magister's Terrace: Vexallus and Kael’thas are now tauntable in Heroic mode.
- Shattered Sun Pendant of Acumen: The triggered effect from this Item can now occur on periodic damage ticks.
Nice modest buff for balance druids.
Other changes I'm excited about: 22 slot bags, a nerf to Cheat Death so rogues are less annoying in PvP, new altitude for flying vanity pets, and PvP flags automatically dropping when you zone into an instance. Big change for raiding warlocks too; no more Curse of Shadows, Curse of Elements does it all.