Some random thoughts from a day in Northrend:
- The art direction in WotLK is fantastic. The boat trip into Howling Fjord is breathtaking. Textures are great quality. It may be time to upgrade the model engine though.
- Druids are so much fun for solo play. It's so great doing amazing cat DPS, swapping to bear when things go bad (or just to AoE), then healing yourself.
- My levelling spec seems to work OK. What I miss most is Shredding Attacks: without it Shred is just too expensive. Ferocious Bite isn't so great without Rend and Tear, so I'm finding I Maim/Shred to finish off quest mobs more than Ferocious Bite.
- The new instances are lots of fun. Beautiful set design and some of the boss fights are great. My guildies have been kind enough to not spoil the instances for me so most of the fights I've been going in blind: highly recommend it. And I haven't wiped yet!
- T6 gear is very strong. Even though I'm still level 70 I've now tanked all instances through Ahn-Kahet (level 75 bosses) in my non-tank spec. My companions are T6 geared too and the only instance that gave us any trouble was Ahn-Kahet. Survival of the Fittest means you're crit immune even against things 5 levels higher than you, but you can be crushed and you miss a lot.
- N00b death knights will pay anything for glyphs, bless the little traitorous murderers.