For the longest time in my guild's Naxx/25 runs I'd be near the top of the DPS charts; not just on trash, but boss fights too. Even though I'm tank specced and have a bunch of tanking enchants. It's not because I'm so awesome: I just had a head start on gear and the feral spec isn't terribly gear dependent.
But I'm not top of the charts anymore: a lot of our guild's DPSers have passed me. Which is great; a hybrid tank/DPS class shouldn't be top DPS in almost any fight. Here's how I did on DPS on a recent partial Naxx/25 run with 16 pure DPS, 2 ferals, a prot warrior, and 6 healers.. Grey are fights where I tanked.
- Trash: #6, 22% behind the Beastmaster Hunter
- All bosses: #7, 18% behind the Fury Warrior
- Anub'Rekhan: #14, 37% behind the Shadow Priest
- Faerlina: #9, 24% behind the Fury Warrior
- Maexxna: #2, 5% behind the Fury Warrior
- Patchwerk: no data
- Grobbulus: #2, tied with the BM Hunter
- Gluth: #6, 14% behind the Enhancement Shaman
- Noth: #17, 48% behind the BM Hunter
- Heigan: #11, 18% behind the Fire Mage
- Loatheb: #9, 26% behind the Enhancement Shaman
- Razuvious: #16, 47% behind the Enh Shaman (I died at the start)
- Gothik: #12, 40% behind the Fire Mage
- Four Horsemen: #13, 48% behind the BM Hunter
If I had a perfect DPS rotation I think I could get 20% more damage with my current gear. That's a fun challenge, I really like the skill required to feral DPS well. I think a pure DPS spec and enchants might get me another 10% on boss fights, but then I couldn't tank.