It's open beta season in MMOs, with Aion, Champions Online, Fallen Earth, Cities XL, etc all fighting for some buzz. Part of the marketing cycle is the beta, and the suits behind Aion and Champions Online are busy beavers promoting the hell out of their games via distribution channels. And while it does work to build some excitement, it's abusive to gamers.
- GameStop: costume, flight at level 1, early start
- Walmart: fancy box, micropayment money, early start
- Best Buy: vanity pet, damage resistance item, early start
- Amazon: costume pieces, micropayment money, early start
- Direct2Drive: costume pieces, no early start